Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Heart Knowledge

I've been gone for the past two weeks. (in case you didn't know.) It was amazing in so many ways I don't even know how to begin to start.

I met amazing people, people I will probably remember for the rest of my life. It was so cool getting to meet people who have the same goals as I do. There was over 60 students (I believe) and I got to know almost everyone. There were a few who I admired greatly, students who really put God first.

It was an emotional two weeks, I laughed, I cried, I helped, I was helped, I was there for others, others were there for me, we prayed and praised God for what he has, does, and continues to do.

I learned a lot. I mean really learned. I'm a church kid, I grew up knowing all the answers. But head knowledge is different than heart knowledge. Sure, prayer is powerful, but it wasn't as real to me as it was this week. I never saw the power of prayer until these past two weeks. Prayer is amazing. So is Gods love. Do you ever think about How much God loves you? I mean really think about it. When he breathed life into Adam he knew he was signing Jesus' death sentence. He knew before we existed what we would do to him and he still loved us. 


These are all thinks I knew in my head, now I know them in my heart. It makes me want to cry and jump for joy at the same time. 

Thursday night we had a prayer concert. This is one of the videos we watched in between singing and prayer. 

I'm like Peter I don't deserve God's grace.





But grace isn't about deserving it, it's a precious gift from God.

I'll write more later....

Night.




Prayers:
Boldness in sharing God's word
A desire to continue to desire to know God.
The 5 day clubs this next week, both the children and the teachers.


PS: Thank you to anyone who was praying for me or sent me letters, it was encouraging and gave me the strength I needed! :)

PSS: Hopefully my sleeping habits will go semi back to normal. I've been going to bed at 10:30 or later and getting up at 6:00. For the past two weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Rachel, I am SO glad that you are back! I missed you!!

    I's great that it was a fun time for you, full of learning! Sounds like it was more than worth it.

    Thanks for the reminder of how great God's love is for me. It was a great encouragement!

    We need to talk soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, your on my prayer list. I hope the performance goes smoothly.

      Delete
  2. And I just watched the rest of the video...wow. Powerful.

    ReplyDelete