Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Paintball!

So now I can cross "try something different" off my new years resolution list!
(Not really, I don't have a New Years Resolution list, but I might make one so I can cross off "try something different" :D )

As you've probably guessed with your super genius Sherlock Homes detective skills (And certainly not the title) I tried paintball today.


First off all I showed up, a little nervous, but mostly excited. When I spotted a group of six guys in paintball body armor. Yes, body armor. 

I thought Yikes! Paintball isn't suppose to really hurt. (I mean come on take the pain!) What are these guys doing that they need body armor?

Anyway I walked in and talked to my friends. (Who had to convince me that this was really actually fun even though the guys in there looked like they were suiting up for war.)

So we got the guns and what not.

We were there for about 3 and half hours, jam packed all day. I saw one other girl outside our group play. Out of at least 70 players, I saw one girl.  (There were two girls there to watch their boyfriends play, but other than that the female population was not well represented.)

I don't know if it's because we were new around, female or what, but the paintball players seemed very friendly. Some of them would give us tips, tell us good game, etc. When my group was leaving one of the guys on my team came up and told us we did real well.

It was fun, as long as you don't play against a team with automatics or longer range. You tend to get shot more and the shots also hurt more. 

I did get bruises from a few of the shots. They're only about the size of a nickle though. I don't know if its true, but I seemed to bruise more from shots that didn't break than from ones that did.


Here's some group pics, though we're missing Mr Cravy! (He must have ducked out.)


  
Andrew, Justin, Rachel, Elli, Aubry, Emily
I'm not sure if you can see in the photo's but I do have quite a bit of white paint on me. If you lean up against anything you get covered in the goop.

All in all I would recommend paintball IF you go with the right people! I had a blast with me group.

2 comments:

  1. If you like paintball you should try airsoft, it doesn't hurt as much but is just as much fun. And cheaper if you are getting your own stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll definitely keep that mind. I doubt I'll ever buy my own equipment though. :)

      Delete