Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Back to Africa

I just found out a few days ago that my family is going to Africa, for a month, in July!

My first though was it'll be hot, forgetting the fact that its winter over there. :) Silly me...

Anyway, it's going to be a lot of work over there. My grandparents are retired missionaries to Africa. I've grown up my entire life hearing stories about their adventures. I'll ask them about them and maybe (with their permission) I'll post some.

We're going to be helping with retreats and traveling to new locations over the course of four weeks. I believe we have one or two days of vacation time over all.

I can't wait (well I can...) to go. I haven't been to Africa since I was 18 months old. Maybe I'll post a video or picture of that sometime.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel!
    It is so cool that you and your family have the opportunity to go to Africa! I hope you have fun and learn a lot, so that you will be able to tell me about it when you get back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alley! Thanks, I hope I have fun as well. (Even though that isn't the point at all for why we're going. ;) ) I'm guessing I'll have a lot of stories to tell. :D I'm starting to journal now so I get in the habit of doing so.

      Delete
    2. That's good! :) I will be praying for you and your family as you go on this journey!

      Delete