Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

African Post: Food

(NOTE: This is a scheduled post written on 7/2/12)


Thus far has been exceptionally good. Yum!!

It's funny how driving down the road (left side) you'll see people eating rods of sugar cane. I'll try and get a picture for you guys. (though as a friend of mine pointed out I need to get water marks so that will possibly have to wait till my return to the US I'll have to see.)

Apparently a popular local food (In Malowi) is roasted mice on a stick. They'll sell them in the markets. Luckily we probaly won't get served any. However, I might take a picture...

We've had lots of rice, chicken, minced meat (hamburger) bananas, tangerines, apples, spaghetti noodles, mashed potatoes, and green beans. The food is very good, but very African.Though some of the foods are the same they taste different than our american versions.

I've only been here for two days so I'll give an update on that later. :) praying for you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment