Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Song from a Psalm

I love music and songs.

My current favorite is "Psalm 139" (Not the Mercy Me version ;) )

I don't know its "real" name, its a song I learned at CYIA. So it might not be 100% accurate.

I like to think of it as a prayer.

Here it is:
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my thoughts
And see if there be any wicked way in me;
Lead me in the way, lead me in the wa-y,
Lead me in the way everlasting

You have searched me;
You have known me;
My downsitting, my uprising;
You understand my thoughts from afar;
You know all my wa-ys,You know all my ways.

(Two parts can be sung simultaneously)


2 comments:

  1. I love singing that song! Thanks for teaching it to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called "Search Me, O God". It's based on James Edwin Orr's song of the same title, but I have never been able to find out who changed it to the CYIA version. It's been at CYIA for a lot of years, but it is also in other places.

    ReplyDelete