Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Latest Project

For the girl who has hardly sewn anything in her entire life that wasn't all straight lines and right angles, I am really proud of how my latest project has turned out. :D For those of you who don't know, it's Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. He's made of fleece, and has a magnetic fish he can "pick up".  This took a long, long time. I thought twenty-eight hours over three weeks and my mom thought more like forty. I completed my goal though, to learn new sewing techniques. (Something I felt I should/need to know but really didn't care to learn.) So I present Toothless, the semi flawed stuffed dragon plush. :)
Fly!
His prosthetic tail has a buckle and is removable
There is a magnet in both Toothless' mouth and in the fish
He's over 3 feet long and his "paws" are weighted w/polly pellets
His eyes are sculpted from clay, hand painted, then sealed.



5 comments:

  1. Oh your Toothless is darling! My sisters would go bananas if they could see it! My fam' loves How to Train Your Dragon<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :D Toothless is such a cute dragon, I was sad that the official ones are almost the complete opposite.

      Delete
  2. That is really cute! And even though I can barely do straight line sewing, think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness. I'm going bananas over your adorable Toothless. If Lily were standing over my shoulder, she'd ask if I could tell you that she wanted it. :) Keep sewing!!

    ReplyDelete