Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pink

 I've been sporting pink.
Realizing my problems are small compared to the world's
Trying to be a cheerful light to all I meet
Growing everyday
Missing Africa
Thinking about my friend's accent challenge
Learning to deal with frustration
Tired of "growing up"
Taking time to play with the kids
Realizing how I take my marvelous, amazing and loving family for granted

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
-- Desmond Tutu

My Aunt has surgery today.
December 27

She's an amazing cook. 
Helps so many people.
One of the most cheerful people I know.  
Caring. 
Funny.
A role model. 
A friend. 
An important part of my Family.
 And so much more. 






We had fun yesterday, spraying pink in our hair to demonstrate our support for my Aunt. (Middle)
It should stay in for a few washings, so I'm going to keep the pink for as long as I can. (Probably can't get away with it on Sunday...)




1 comment:

  1. Aww, we'll be praying for your Aunt, Rachel. Thanks for the update! I miss seeing you. :)

    ReplyDelete